POSTDOCTORAL POSITIONS in EXPERIMENTAL ATOMIC PHYSICS WITH COLD ATOMS
EXPERIMENTAL ATOMIC PHYSICS WITH COLD ATOMS – Areas of interest:
- Quantum turbulence
- Thermodynamics of cold atoms
- Light scattering from cold atoms and optical lattices
- Dipolar quantum gases
- Atomic clocks with cold atoms
We are looking for excellent candidates for a one or two-year Postdoctoral positions at São
Carlos Institute of Physics (University of São Paulo) within the CEPOF.
A full list of research projects can be found at http://cepof.ifsc.usp.br
Scholarship by FAPESP of R$ 96,000/year, with possible support for moving expenses.
The projects aim to investigate novel effects in cold atoms and in Bose-Einstein condensates of
Na, K, Rb, and Dy, as well as cooperative light scattering in Sr and time and frequency
metrology in Cs. We expect to generate new knowledge in the topics of interest.
- Highly motivated candidate with PhD degree (less than 7 years from graduation) in
Physics, Engineering and in related areas.
- Two recommendation letters.
Application deadline: March 1st, 2020
Needed documents (to be sent by email):
- CV with list of publications and expertise
- One page statement about the interest in the research area
- Name and contact information of the providers of the recommendation letters.
Application, information and recommendation letters to Kilvia Farias:
Candidates will be selected by the faculties of the CEPOF.
Selected candidates are expected to start the postdoctoral fellow by August 2020.