The aim of this interdisciplinary Workshop is to gather together physicists and chemists who employ path-integral simulations on different systems, ranging from chemical and biochemical compounds, to quantum fluids/solids, to ultracold gases. The goal is to create the platform for exchanging knowledge on path-integral technology and on other approaches to the combined quantum simulation of electrons and nuclei.
This Workshop will present the most recent methodological developments and applications to the intriguing quantum phenomena, including, e.g., isotope effects in aqueous systems, quantum fluctuations in enzyme catalysis, superfluid/supersolid transitions, and correlation effects in electronic systems.
The programme will include 25 to 30 oral presentations given by invited speakers, a poster session and a flash talk session with short oral contributions.
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTED ABSTRACTS: In the application form, all applicants are invited to submit an Abstract (preferably using the template indicated below) for a poster presentation and for a flash talk (approximately 3 or 4 minutes long) to advertise the content of the poster. Note that the deadline for requesting participation is approaching: 20 March 2017.
GRANTS: A limited number of grants are available to support the travel and living expenses of selected participants, with strong priority given to participants working in a developing country and who are at the early stages of their career.
- Nandini ANANTH (Cornell University)
- Massimo BONINSEGNI (University of Alberta)
- Jordi BORONAT (UPC, Barcelona)
- Siu CHIN* (Texas A&M)
- Fabio CINTI (NITheP, Stellenbosch)
- Bryan CLARK (UIUC)
- Jonathan DUBOIS (LLNL)
- Davide GALLI (University of Milan)
- Markus HOLZMANN (LPMMC, Grenoble)
- Yongkyung KWON (Konkuk U., Seoul)
- Ilkka KYLANPAA (TUT, Tampere)
- Nancy MAKRI (UIUC)
- Ondrej MARSALEK (Stanford University)
- Glenn MARTYNA (IBM T.J. Watson RC)
- Dominik MARX (Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum)
- Burkhard MILITZER (UC Berkeley)
- Miguel MORALES (LLNL)
- Marco NAVA (ETH Zurich)
- Carlo PIERLEONI (University o L'Aquila)
- Nikolay PROKOF'EV (UMass, Amerst)
- Ushnish RAY (Princeton University)
- George REITER (University of Houston)
- Jeremy RICHARDSON (ETH Zurich)
- Mariana ROSSI (FHI Berlin)
- Mark TUCKERMAN (New York University)
Organizers:Thomas Markland (Stanford University), David Ceperley (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), Michele Ceriotti (Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne), Local Organisers: Ali Hassanali, Sebastiano Pilati