Les Houches 2011 PreDoc School: Cold gases with long range interactions
18 Sep 2011 - 30 Sep 2011
Les Houches, France
Once again, we are organizing a pre-doctoral school to be held in Les Houches from September 18-30, 2011. The title of the school is Cold gases with long range interactions. It consists in a two week master course on the physics of cold dilute atomic and molecular systems, with long range interactions. The course is targeted at the advanced undergraduate level and emphasizes formal lectures building on textbook knowledge. This goal meets the requirements of the Les Houches pre-doctoral school program. The course is intended for PhD students in their first or second year. Undergraduates at the European Masters level who are planning a PhD study are also invited to apply. Young post-docs entering the field can also apply.
The lectures will be given (in English).
- Hélène Perrin (5 lectures) Laser Cooling
- Jook Walraven (5 lectures) Thermodynamics and collisions
- Misha Baranov (5 lectures) Degenerate gases
- Hans Peter Büchler (3 lectures) Strongly correlated degenerate gases
- Tilman Pfau (4 lectures) Dipolar magnetic gases
- Silke Ospelkaus (4 lectures) Dipolar molecules
- Charles Adams (5 lectures) Non-linear Optics with Rydberg atoms
- Michel Brune (4 lectures) Quantum Information
The deadline for applications is June 19th. The selection of the appliants will be done during the first week of July.
The price for board and lodging in Les Houches is very low to facilitate the venue of young students (475 Euros for students in the first two years of PhD and 650 for the others).
For more information, visit
Les Houches 2011 PreDoc School: Cold gases with long range interactions Homepage